Our goal is to prepare students to apply computing concepts to address real-world problems.
Our projects are meticulously designed to be fun and to be closely align with CSTA’s K-12 Computer Science standards.
Kids learn new concepts without even realizing it!
- Low student-to-instructor ratio to provide personalized 1-on-1 instruction
- Students learn from a combination of online and offline material
- All-adult & tech-savvy instructors with background in computer science
“In the coming years, we should build on that progress, by … offering every student the hands-on computer science and math classes that make them job-ready on day one.”
- Think : Programming a computer teaches to think
- Collaborate : Kids work as a team to realize their ideas
- Createe : Not just use, but create technology
- Learn : Learn what computing is actually like
- Play : Kids learn to code while having fun
- MIT Scratch for animations, games and storytelling
- MIT App Inventor for Mobile application development
- Blockly for block-based coding
- Lego WeDo , Mindstorms EV3 & VEX Robotics for robotics
- Minecraft Modding - to create Minecraft Mods using code
- Parrot Education Drones to code and control drones
- Interactive Programming in Python
- 3D Design and Printing
We will be adding following course in coming months:
- Coding in Virtual Reality
We believe that “learning by doing” is the best way to learn coding and building programs. Thru our unique program kids learn key problem-solving and project-design skills that are not only helpful in computing but life in general
- Logical reasoning
- Developing ideas from initial conception to completed project
- Collaboration and team building
- Debugging problems
- Sustained focus and perseverance
Students learn from a combination of online projects and offline material. Students participate in project showcases at the end of each semester. Our tutors are adults & tech-savvy instructors with background in computing and/or teaching. We provide regular updates to parents thru Seesaw mobile app.
CODING & ROBOTICS
- Computational Thinking
- Using Communication Devices
- Understanding Community, Global & Ethical Impact
- Empowered Learner - Students leverage technology to take an active role in choosing, achieving and demonstrating competency in their learning goals.
- Digital Citizen - Students recognize the rights, responsibilities and opportunities of living, learning and working in an interconnected digital world, and they act and model in ways that are safe, legal and ethical.
- Knowledge Constructor - Students critically curate a variety of resources using digital tools to construct knowledge, produce creative artifacts and make meaningful learning experiences for themselves and others.
- Innovative Designer - Students use a variety of technologies within a design process to identify and solve problems by creating new, useful or imaginative solutions.
- Computational Thinker - Students develop and employ strategies for understanding and solving problems in ways that leverage the power of technological methods to develop and test solutions.
- Creative Communicator - Students communicate clearly and express themselves creatively for a variety of purposes using the platforms, tools, styles, formats and digital media appropriate to their goals.
- Global Collaborator - Students use digital tools to broaden their perspectives and enrich their learning by collaborating with others and working effectively in teams locally and globally.